Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 22: "Does Fenway have an 'e' in it?"

This was a sad day for me, as it was the last game we would attend as a class.  As I mentioned in the last blog, this day began with finishing up the drive to Detroit. This day also finished with driving, too. Most hours I have ever spent in a vehicle.  We left at 7:30 a.m., got to Detroit at about 5:30 p.m., and then after the game drove straight to Coe and got there at about 5:30 a.m., if I remember correctly.  Therefore, I don’t have much to talk about besides the game because that’s the one thing we did besides sit on our butts.

I really liked the outside of Comerica Park.  There are giant tigers all over the top of the entrance, and then one really big one standing outside the doors.  You can take pictures sitting or standing on its paw, which Stephanie and I chose to do (almost regrettably after we were attacked by one of the fan foto guys). 

Unfortunately, Minnesota was not able to pull out a win against Detroit. The final score was 4-2 in favor of the Tigers.  Again unfortunately, Stephanie and I were getting food during both of the home runs so we missed some of the most exciting parts of the game.  However, the second time was for free ice cream so I can’t say I’m too upset about it ;)

As I said, after the game we drove. And drove. And then, just to switch things up, we drove some more.  It was pretty exciting, although I chose to miss out on a lot of it (Ben, Kyle and I had a cuddle chain going in the middle seat...worked out pretty nicely).  We were all pretty tired when we rolled into Eby at the crack of dawn but it was good to be back all the same. 

I had my doubts about the trip at the beginning because I missed out on an entire month of work.  However, I am so, so glad that I was able to be a part of this amazing experience.  I’m not even a diehard krank (check that vocab) but I had a great time visiting so many ballparks, twelve of which I had never been to before.  I also loved that this trip gave me a chance to visit the East Coast which I had only really been to once before.  Finally, I truly loved the people.  I couldn’t have imagined going on this adventure with nine better travel companions. 

If you have any questions about the trip, feel free to email me at bmwallace@coe.edu.  It’s been a pleasure sharing my experience with you all!


That picture won't rotate for some reason so sorry about that








Last group picture :(

Madison and I had to take this picture because we won every time we were on the same team (which was both academic competitions and every wiffle ball game except for one). #winning

No comments:

Post a Comment