Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 15: "Does anybody have any tums?!"

Our first full day in Baltimore was definitely a good one.  We took the light rail to Camden Yards in the early afternoon (even though we were going to a night game) and went out to lunch as a class at Pickle Pub.  I totally got dominated by Danny in sugar packet football (there’s probably an actual name for that but as I don’t know it that’ll have to do...plus it sounds cute) but I’m planning a comeback at some point.  After eating we headed to the Babe Ruth museum which is actually in the house that the Sultan of Swat was born in.  We learned a lot of really cool things there; I’d have to say my favorite part was getting to watch a video of Ruth playing.  We then ventured to the Sports Legends Museum. I personally LOVED this museum because I am basically a little kid at heart and I have so much fun at interactive museums.  Some of the things I enjoyed were getting to make a call in a baseball game (kind of like those choose your own adventure books) and playing dress up with different sports uniforms.  The first thing I tried on was an absolutely gigantic Ravens jersey, which of course looked ridiculous because it went down to my knees.  I also tried on size 19 basketball shoes.  We all tried on various football, soccer, baseball, and basketball jerseys and took some pretty entertaining pictures. 

After finishing up at that museum it was about time to head over to the game.  The Orioles were playing the Royals.  On this night the O’s managed to bring home a victory with a final score of  9-2.  This was a pretty exciting game as 8 runs were scored in the bottom of the 4th.  And of course I was happy as we all know I love it when the home team wins ;)








Those are size 19 shoes I'm wearing!




No comments:

Post a Comment