Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 19: "I just burped and sneezed at the same time and there was an explosion in my throat"

We left our home in Baltimore pretty early to get to the Mets Stadium.  Despite our early start time, New York traffic prevented us from arriving at the game as early as we normally do.  After getting ripped off in parking, we walked over to the stadium (which, by the way, will not allow you to bring aerosols in, but that’s okay because you can just hide your sunscreen in a bush).  Our seats were fairly high up but we were behind home plate.  As it turns out, I have discovered over the course of the trip that those are my favorite seats.  I enjoy having an unobstructed, overhead view of the game so I didn’t mind at all when we were up high.  Being down in the action is enjoyable as well but I like being able to see everything clearly. 

Anyway, the game had quite an exciting start.  The Mets scored eight runs within the first two innings so naturally the crowd was ecstatic.  Although the Phillies put up a decent fight, they were never able to catch up and thus the final score was 9-5 in favor of the home team.

The rest of our day consisted of driving.  At this point our relationship with our dear fifteen passenger van was starting to go a little sour and we were all sick of driving.  However, the drive to our hotel in Boston wasn’t too terrible, so we managed to survive. And we also fell in love with our hotel! It was much different than other hotels we’ve stayed at; it was much older and our rooms had quite an interesting layout.  I’m actually a little irritated at myself for not taking a picture but it was really cute.  Steph and I had twin beds and big windows that looked out over Fenway.  We were also pretty pleased because we got to spend the night in bed relaxing watching Harry Potter. #winning



No comments:

Post a Comment